Sunday, April 06, 2008

Something smells, oh wait, that's the ramps.

I was invited to a ramp dinner today by one of my friends from Simonton Windows. Linda's family has a ramp dinner every spring way back in the beautiful hills of West Virginia. No, there were no wrong turns or moonshine runs involved. It was just a bunch of friendly mountaineers getting together for some good down home cooking. I had lots of fun and really appreciated Linda inviting me to tag along with her. Before going to the ramp dinner we attended Sunday school at Sego Baptist church and stopped by the Sago miner's memorial. This is the memorial dedicated to the miners that lost their lives in the tragic accident on January 2, 2006 in Sago, West Virginia. Well I have pictures of all of the days events. Enjoy!

No comments: