Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Another day, another fifty cents...

Howdy buckaroos! I just got home from work and thought I'd drop a few lines on my blog.

I learned a new job last night at work. Well, I actually already knew how to do the job but I have now been "officially" trained on it. I guess that means that when I mess something up now I "officially" screw it up. Anyway, I'm hoping to learn more to better myself in the eyes of the company for a hoped for future promotion. I know what you're thinking and yes, I'll probably be saying the same thing five years from now.

I have decided to take up a new hobby. I am going to start learning a programming language called Python. I know some HTML now and a little C++, but this will be my first actual in depth study of one of the big league languages. Please keep me in your prayers,... I'll need 'em.

Speaking of computers, there are a couple of pretty cool websites that I've stumbled across lately that I've told a few about but maybe not everybody. The first one is for those of you that would like to see Microsoft come out with a new and better Windows operating system. They have one slated to come out at the beginning of 2007. It is being called Windows Vista. The next one is for those of you that are tired of Internet Explorer's bugs and constant pop ups, or maybe you would just like a different web browser. Check out Firefox. I think you'll like it. Last but not least for those more adventurous souls among you, there is the option for going an entirely different direction with a new operating system. I'm talking about Linux. It's an alternative to Microsoft Windows that is actually a better OS. You can find out more about it at Linux.org and they even have distributions available if you are brave enough to try one. Just remember back up everything and you'll be fine.

You just never know what I'm going to blog about for the day... Well, check back tomorrow and see what's new. Until then, may God bless you and I hope you have a positive day.

No comments: