Sunday, August 20, 2006

Family Dinner mmm mmm good

Hello again everybody. I hope you enjoyed my thoughts on God's amazing grace yesterday.
After I posted that and then got some sleep, my family and I headed to Fairmont for a family dinner. My mom made some really good food and I think everybody enjoyed themselves socializing. I'm thinking that we ought to do that more often but my waste line is telling me no. I have a few pictures that I'm including with this post of some of my family that was there. I didn't get a lot of pictures because the batteries were pretty well drained in my camera when I started taking the pictures.
My oldest girl is now playing soccer. I think she's going to like it. She certainly seems to have an interest in it. I hope she's as good at that as she is getting at softball. I really believe that if a child can take the discipline and team skills that they learn from playing sports and apply them to real world situations they will be one step ahead in life of those that don't have that experience. There are also bonds that are created with friends that endure the same situations, game after game, and practice after practice, that last a lifetime. If you are reading this and are not already supporting sports for children please consider lending a helping hand in some way.
Something to ponder for today...
The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck

No comments: