Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Environmentally concious vs. global warmist


I was recently surfing the net for articles on environmental news. When I came across MSN's environmental news page. The main tag for their pages is "Get the latest global warming and conservation headlines from across the globe". So, I was looking at this and thinking, "I have to believe that our planet is getting warmer to conserve it? Wow, Al Gore has really done a number on our environmental thinking."


I like to stay informed on issues concerning the cleaning up of our planet. I think we've trashed this place enough and we really need to do something about it to clean it up again. Growing up in West Virginia I've seen road side garbage dumps, beer bottles and cans littering the back roads, cars and trucks producing toxic clouds of gases as dark as coal fires, and open sewage drains vented straight into small streams and creeks. Those are just a few examples. I could go on.


The frustration I feel with most environmentalists is that they now believe that if you are pro-environment you must also be anti-global warming. I will say right now that I'm not anti-global warming. This doesn't mean that I am pro-global warming either. It's just that I don't believe that global warming is a man made problem. We are seeing fluctuations in temperatures on the planet but we have always had these. Increased solar activity and several other factors can contribute to this effect. Our production of carbon gases I agree is not beneficial to our health and should be stopped for this reason but don't try to blame it on global warming. Let's clean up, recycle, and use clean, renewable, and sustainable energy resources not because of global warming but to keep us and our little planet running clean and healthy.

No comments: